Skip to main content

Celebrate

Image result for sad images

Don't pretend someone has not existed at all,
That hurts more than anything,
To not acknowledge the existence of someone so important is a slap in the face.

I did not forget they died,
You are not reminding me,
I live with it every moment of every day,
This is my life,
These are my memories.

For you to ignore that they have died is worse than a punch in the face,
The anger I feel towards you is insurmountable.

I cannot put a lid on it,
I am in turmoil,
I am incensed anyone should dare to forget they have died,
Someone I loved so dearly has gone,
Yet nobody says anything at all.

Acknowledge my loss,
Make sure I know you know,
For then I know you celebrate their life too.

By giving me your condolences you show me their life meant something,
Respect is easily shown,
Therefore, I know your life means something to me.

Thank you for acknowledging my loss,
That means the most,
For then I know their death still means something,
Then I know I can go on,

There can be growth.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Image Of You

It’s the quietness that gets to me, I know it shrieks the truth, Every situation is replayed a thousand times within my head, If Ive made a mistake, It chills me to the bone, Gnaws at my brain, Makes me feel a little less happy at home. The darkness frightens me, For it allows me to have crystal clear clarity, Every wrong step, I now know the way, Too late for me, I have lost my way. Through all the broken pieces that make up my life, I see haphazardly, A kaleidoscope of whirlwinds, And still... I always see you. Whenever I am in need, Your memory comes to me, Softens every blow, The image of you from long ago, Soothes my torn and worn soul, Allows me to carry on, At least for a little while more. © 2019 MK AC Nevin-Crooks Love Life Poetry

21st Century

A twenty first century kind of love Thrown about Filled with mistrust Often tossed in the dust Copyright © 2017 MKAC Nevin-CrooksLove Life Poetry21st July 2017

Mommy Loves You

The love I feel for you all, Will never run out, So never despair, It is in my heart, Distilled especially for you, True love, Beyond compare, No need to share, There is enough already there. You have all heard my heart beat from in there, Oh how I love you and your beautiful stares, Mommy loves you, Know that love shall never fail.