Skip to main content

Image Of You



It’s the quietness that gets to me,
I know it shrieks the truth,
Every situation is replayed a thousand times within my head,
If Ive made a mistake,
It chills me to the bone,
Gnaws at my brain,
Makes me feel a little less happy at home.

The darkness frightens me,
For it allows me to have crystal clear clarity,
Every wrong step,
I now know the way,
Too late for me,
I have lost my way.

Through all the broken pieces that make up my life,
I see haphazardly,
A kaleidoscope of whirlwinds,
And still...
I always see you.

Whenever I am in need,
Your memory comes to me,
Softens every blow,
The image of you from long ago,
Soothes my torn and worn soul,
Allows me to carry on,
At least for a little while more.

© 2019 MK AC Nevin-Crooks
Love Life Poetry

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mommy Loves You

The love I feel for you all, Will never run out, So never despair, It is in my heart, Distilled especially for you, True love, Beyond compare, No need to share, There is enough already there. You have all heard my heart beat from in there, Oh how I love you and your beautiful stares, Mommy loves you, Know that love shall never fail.

Dreams

Your voice has been missing from my life for years, And yet every night, I see you vividly, Within my dreams. © 2019 MK AC Nevin-Crooks Love Life Poetry

Pitter Patter

The pitter patter of the rain It's here again Evokes memories that have long lost their reign God help me They are back to haunt me once again Copyright © 2017 MKAC Nevin-CrooksLove Life Poetry22 July 2017