Skip to main content

Living Without You

I would do anything to have you back
For one last day
To kiss your cheek
Smell your hair
Lay on your chest, For one more minute
Tell you that you are my world , You are gone
Though I feel you near me still
Every step I take seems wrong

Any help I give, Backfires some more.
How did you make everything look So easy Mother?
Let all the drama slide over you
Ignore the rudeness
How did you do it?

You were a saint, That's for sure.
Since you left this world, It is a darker place, All shade, No sunlight at all
The day you were taken back home.
I never did get to kiss you one last time
Say goodbye
Tell you that you were number one

I know you already know.
I miss you, I always will
I think of you every moment of every day

With fondness, With love galore.
My memories burn bright, My pictures of you make me smile
I know the fun we used to have, I see that in your eyes.
I know you know how much I miss you
You told me once that I must focus on being strong

We both know I need to be more like that.
Its tougher now, Nobody to talk to
Now you are gone, I feel I can barely trust anyone at all.
I am selfish calling you here, Away from your new home
I cant help it though, I miss you so.

Love Life Poetry, 23 July 2016(C) M KA Crooks 2016

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mommy Loves You

The love I feel for you all, Will never run out, So never despair, It is in my heart, Distilled especially for you, True love, Beyond compare, No need to share, There is enough already there. You have all heard my heart beat from in there, Oh how I love you and your beautiful stares, Mommy loves you, Know that love shall never fail.

Dreams

Your voice has been missing from my life for years, And yet every night, I see you vividly, Within my dreams. © 2019 MK AC Nevin-Crooks Love Life Poetry

21st Century

A twenty first century kind of love Thrown about Filled with mistrust Often tossed in the dust Copyright © 2017 MKAC Nevin-CrooksLove Life Poetry21st July 2017